Note: this call is closed.
EACL 2014 CALL FOR SOFTWARE DEMONSTRATIONS
Demonstrations Chair: Marko Tadić (University of Zagreb, Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences)
The EACL 2014 Program Committee invites proposals for the Demonstrations Program. This program is primarily to encourage the early exhibition of research prototypes, but interesting mature systems are also eligible. Commercial sales and marketing activities are not appropriate in the Demonstration program.
AREAS OF INTEREST
We would like to encourage the submission of proposals for demonstrations of software related to any areas of computational linguistics and natural language processing. Areas of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Natural language processing systems, including
- Dialog systems and interfaces
- Machine translation systems and translation aids
- Message and narrative understanding systems
- Language-oriented information retrieval and information extraction systems
- Application systems using embedded language technology components
- Reusable components (parsers, generators, taggers, speech recognizers,...)
- Software tools for facilitating linguistic research
- Software for demonstrating or evaluating computational linguistics research
- Aids for teaching computational linguistics concepts.
FORMAT FOR SUBMISSION
Demo Proposals consist of the following parts, which should all be sent using the EACL 2014 sub-conference submission procedure at https://www.softconf.com/eacl2014/demos/
An abstract of the technical content to be demonstrated, not to exceed four pages formatted according to the EACL 2014 style guidelines (http://www.eacl2014.org/files/eacl-2014-styles.zip), including title, authors, full contact information, references and acknowledgements.
A detailed description of hardware and software requirements expected to be provided by the local organizer. Demonstrators are encouraged to be flexible in their requirements (possibly with different demos for different logistical situations). Please state what you can bring yourself and what you absolutely must have provided. We will do our best to provide equipment and resources but nothing can be guaranteed at this point beyond space and power. Please contact the demo chair at one of the addresses below for any specific questions.
At least one author of each accepted demo paper must register for and attend the conference, and demonstrate the system during the demo sessions
Proposals should be submitted by 10 January 2014 using the EACL 2014 START web page for Demos: https://www.softconf.com/eacl2014/demos/.
Submissions will be evaluated on the basis of their relevance to computational linguistics, innovation, scientific contribution, presentation, and user friendliness, as well as potential logistical constraints.
Further details on the the demonstrations sessions will be determined and provided at a later date.
Demo proposal submissions due: 10 January 2014 Notification to authors: 8 February 2014
- Camera-ready due:
15, 20 February 2014
- EACL conference dates: 26–30 April 2014